The Depths of Dullahan's Deep
Character Building in Dullahan
Assuming that you’ve read through The Geography and Races of Dullahan, you should be familiar with the types of creatures that inhabit the continent. Picking an appropriate race is simple, but what about all those special things that really make a D&D character unique? Adding a little bit of flavor to your character will help define them as an individual. In terms of building your character, it will also help you to pick appropriate boons and bonuses based on their background.
Please do the following:
- Make sure your character’s race is an accepted part of the society in Dullahan. If you REALLY want to play one of the lesser races (Deva, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Shifter, and Warforged are not standard races and are not generally acceptable for play in this campaign) I may be willing to work with you. But it will be much easier to just pick a standard race!
- Pick only one background, and pick it from General. This will give your character a stat bonus.
- For ability score, either auto pick, or use an array (standard array is 16,14,13,12,11,10. Please use this one!).
- Use the auto-buy button for equipment. You may then add (not buy) ONE magic item of level 1 or level 2. This is your family’s heirloom. I have the final say in what equipment is appropriate for this.
- Don’t pick spellscar, harper, or any of the other clan related features. The standard D&D things such as these do not apply in Dullahan.
- Prepare a background for your character detailing his or her life. I want to know why your character behaves how they do. I want to know who they are, not just what numbers represent them!
Additionally, when your characters hit various levels, I will ask you to take specific feats. I will disclose those at the time, because they are adventure based.